Last revised May 28, 2000.
There are a variety of religious services held at
the Walt Disney World resort, enabling guests that wish to
offer prayer the chance to do so from within easy reach of
the Disney hotels. Alternatively there are also Churches of
practically every denomination in the nearby area for those
that wish to attend away from Disney property.
On-site services include various Sunday Services
at Luau Cove at the Polynesian Resort, and the AMC Theatre
at Disney's Celebration. Some of the details are as follows:
- Sunday Services at Luau Cove at the Polynesian Resort
Catholic Mass - 8am & 10:15am Protestant Service - 9am
- Sunday Services at AMC Theater at Disney's Celebration
Community Presbyterian Church (566-8079) - 10:30am
- Sunday Services at Celebration School Interdenominational
Services (851-2598) - 10:30am
Additional religious services are available in the area as
- Catholic Services at Mary, Queen of the Universe Catholic
Shrine - 239-6600 - Located off SR 535 near the I-4 interchange.
- Sunday at 7:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am & 6pm; Monday through
Friday at 8am; Saturday at 8am & 6pm. First Baptist Church
at Lake Buena Vista - 239-6030 - Located on SR 535, one
mile north of the Grand Cypress.
- Sunday service at 11am. New Community Baptist Church
- 944-4500 - Meets at Florida Baptist College at 1700
Poinciana Blvd. (Poinciana Blvd. and 17-92).
- Sunday worship at 10:30am. Southwest Orlando Jewish
Congregation, Ohalel Rivka - 239-5444 - Located on Apopka-Vineland
- Congregation Shalom Aleichem - 935-0064 (Kissimmee)
- Located at 3501 Oak Pointe Blvd.
- Congregation Beth Emeth - 855-0772 - Orlando
- Protestant Services - Christian Service Center at 425-2523
Monday through Friday between 9am and 4:30pm.
- Church of the Ascension (Episcopal Services) - 876-3480
- Located on Apopka-Vineland Blvd.
- St. George (Eastern) Orthodox Church - 422-3230
- Holy Trinity (Greek) Orthodox Church - 331-4687
- St. Mary & Archangel Michael Coptic Orthodox Church
- Orthodox Church of St. Stephen (OCA) - 260-6003